My photo
Cheers to karma for making life a little bit more entertaining.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday Blabbers

I'm here for my daily blabbers. I will not let you down.
:P
Today was not a bad day at all. It wasn't particularly spectacular, but it didn't bring me any sorrow. I believe half of my homework is finished, if not more. Tomorrow I'll be spending the day picking out a 500 page fiction novel for English. Any suggestions?

Henry had his first experience with catnip in our house today. The family has decided that it will be his first(and last) experience. Basically, I lost more blood than I should have, considering he's a kitten. But apparently I have weak skin(Maddie. Haha. I think you have tough skin). His biting and scratching has been OUT OF CONTROL. I know he'll grow out of his biting stage and we'll just have to put up with it for now, but the scratching may not go away. He's drawn a lot of blood and ruined quite a few things within two weeks of occupancy in our household, so we have made the decision to declaw him. I, personally, am not so sure I'm okay with this. It's completely inhumane and is the equivalent to cutting off the tips of our fingers. However, my parents and I have chosen this option because it's the safest way. He is still young, so it won't be as difficult to help him through this as it would be if he were a bit older. We've been battling this decision for a few days now, and it has not been easy. I do not want to take away his ability to survive outdoors, but he has completely adapted to indoor life. Rarely do we let him out. I think we might just be on the road to declawing, though. Despite what I believe regarding animal rights, is it worth the destruction of flesh, furniture, carpets, blinds, curtains, bed sheets, clothes, and possibly birdies? Weigh that one in your mind.

Oh yeah, he had his first bath today, too. Hmm... maybe we'll wait to try that again.

I posted this exact post, word for word, exactly one year ago. I went back and copy and pasted. Everything is completely unedited. Please read.

Today is my grandfather's death anniversary.He was murdered where my mother at four years old discovered him.He was only 26 or 27 years old.

Love, E

2 comments:

chattypatra said...

I am SO sorry about your grandfather. There are no words...

You ask for suggestions for a novel you can read. After looking at the number of pages of the ones I wanted to suggest, I am going to go with EMMA, by Jane Austen. The movie Clueless was based on it. The story is timeless and very good, and I think any young woman would like it. An edition I found is 512 pages.

The others I was going to recommend do not meet your 500 page requirement. They either go over too much, or under.

Whatever you choose, enjoy your novel. I love to read a good book!

Delaney said...

Oh my gosh, I am sorry about yuor grandfather, I know that there is nothing I can do, but you didn't know him. Does your mom even remember it? (wait sorry, that was probably too personal) That is soooo freaky about that post you posted 1 year ago. *looks suspicious)Did you edit it?
Delaney
www.infintywordz.blogspot.com