My photo
Cheers to karma for making life a little bit more entertaining.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Present!

I would like to dig deeper behind the meaning of today's post title. When I say the word "present", I am not referring to a gift you might give someone on their birthday. Nor am I referring to the display of an object. By that I mean I'm not presenting anything to you. However, I am referring to a student's response when his or her teacher is taking attendance in the morning. Mrs. Higgle will say, "Bobby McCormick?", and little Bobby will say, "Present!!!". As opposed to "here". Any of this make sense to you?

Now for the post to actually begin.
First off, apologies for abandoning Karma for a day or two. I wasn't feeling the blog within me. Thanks for sticking by my side, if you were even here to start with. For you, I present a smile face :)

I was with Rachel from Friday night to Saturday morning. Then I spent Saturday just being present in the world. We went to church that evening, and I carefully observed the random oddities of the folk around me.

For this lovely Sunday, I will be over at Casey's and a few other friends for her birthday! YAY! Her present is wrapped and ready to go.

But you want to know the exciting tidbits of this day!?!?!?!?!
Remember the darling neighborhood kitty whose pictures I posted a while back? Well, the neighbors are moving today(really sad story, I wish them the best of luck in the future), and they can't afford to keep their furry friend. So, we were offered to be the new owners. Before you piece this all together, though I'm sure you already have, I am allergic to cats. I sneeze like I'm dying. Maybe not that bad, but it's pretty high up there on the sneeze-o-scale.

Moving on.

This is an outdoor cat, so we wouldn't have to take the precious thing inside. So no sneezing for me. And I also have two birds, and the outdoor cat deal fits the criteria. It's all working just nicely.

Basically, I am now the owner of an outdoor cat. It'll still be roaming the neighborhood, but we're just going to say that it's "our cat".

And by the way, it's not a girl like we thought. It's a baby BOY!!!! Name suggestions? Mostly white with black splashes.

He is our summer present.




<3 roses are red <3
<3 violets are blue <3
<3 this post is from elley <3
<3 written for you <3

No comments: