My photo
Cheers to karma for making life a little bit more entertaining.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Spikey

Yesterday, Spikey got his talons caught to the side of his cage. He was pulling, and yanking, and screeching for his life. I had to quickly rescue him from the clutches of his cages. That's when we realized that his talons were just getting to long. We tried going to our local pet store last night, but unfortunately, it was closed. I should have known, most stores here always close early on Sundays.
Now that I think about it, though. I have thought about he sharpness and length of his nails. I just never thought of how it could hurt him. Ever since, he has been using his tongue to apparently ease the pain on his foot. It looked like it got caught on the cage bars, and when he twisted, so did his nail. He looks like such a little eagle.
At the moment, Spikey is actually taking a nap on one of our dining table chairs. He just got up an hour ago, though. He's getting sleepier and sleepier by the minute. Mister is chattering away. It's sounds so much like there are several birds going on at the same time, but in reality, it is only one tiny, itsy bitsy little parakeet. I'll keep you updated in them, but for now, good bye.

No comments: