My photo
Cheers to karma for making life a little bit more entertaining.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Disappearing Sunset

Just last Thursday, I was out on a walk up on the hill across from where I live. I noticed a perfectly shaped circle appearing in the sky, just ahead of me. It looked so close, as if I could touch it. My first intention was it was the moon, but then there were bright colors leaking out from it's perimeter. It was actually the sun! I looked like a full moon. So circular all the way around. I ignored its obvious beauty, for I believed it was nothing but nature. But then I learned, that nature is beautiful. After walking about five more minutes, maybe even less than that, I peeked upwards once more, to see that my "full sun" had set about a fourth of the way down. I thought to myself, hmmm, it seems to be going down awfully quick. So I tried to enjoy myself, I sat there, almost frozen in time, just to watch the sun go down the rest of its way. It was so mystifying, almost mesmerizing, like some kind of spell was being cast on me. It felt like a miracle, but it was only nature. Nature Rocks!

No comments: