My photo
Cheers to karma for making life a little bit more entertaining.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Plates

I was once with a friend at this place where you can decorate your own pottery. She made a plate for herself and had it personalized to her liking.

She moved not too long after that to a home only an hour away from us, but we hardly ever saw her. We came to visit her about two weeks ago(2 wks tomorrow), and they prepared a nice dinner with us.

The time with the pottery had been at least two or three years by now.

But when she took out the special plate she made and started eating off of it, she caught my obvious stare. She then explained that she had been eating off of our plate every single day since she made it!

And I believed her, too. She is not one to lie, and she said it straight to my face. Eye to eye. It's either she is telling the truth, or her lying skills have improved. I like to think it is the first one. If you have a different opinion, please keep it to yourself(mahalo :D). I like to think what I think.

I was impressed, I'll tell you that.

And in her room, there is a picture of us together. In my room? Not a trace of her...

Why am I telling you this today?

Because I found my piece of pottery I made, collecting dust, in the back of a cabinet, not touched since that day at the shop.

And, well, I felt bad. Guilty.

I do not like this feeling. So, I thought I would make up for it by dedicating this post to her.

Just so I don't end this post all touchy-feely,

I would like to let everyone know that I have added a horoscope widget to the very bottom of this page. So.. scroll down.... click on your sign....and see your daily horoscope!

yay!!

Have a howdy, howdy, weekend!!

ellie

5 comments:

Amy said...

Shannon and I are both Leos, so I checked that out!

I hope your friend loves the post.:)

Howdy, Howdy!
Amy:)

Rey said...

Sometimes in life, we take things and people for granted. Till we lose it, we wouldn't know the feeling of "Love".

I am sure that your friend would be happy once she reads this post. Why not post pics of your pottery up here. =D

have a good day ellie girl.


-=reylit=-

Amanda said...

Don't feel guilty, Ellie ... you still have the plate! :-)) Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I'm with Annie... don't feel guilty, you still have the plate, the wonderful memories, and more importantly you still have the friend :)

Denise said...

I love pottery! If I had a pottery plate I had made, I'd eat off it every meal also. Nice post. You should display your pottery - I'll be it's very nice!
Denise