My photo
Cheers to karma for making life a little bit more entertaining.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Let's Get PUMPED

Oh my goodness. I'm on cloud nine. I'm in love. With LIFE. Today has been such an amazing day, and I have had quite an a reality check with just how precious life is.

Last night at about midnight, a gunshot rang out in the neighborhood. For a solid ten minutes there, I was convinced I was going to die. It sounded so close, I didn't know what to even think. I had never heard one in real life before, but something told me that it wasn't just a firecracker. I was texting Egan at the time, and he had heard it, too, so clearly I wasn't going insane. His mom called and said that the police found it coming from a middle school in our city(the one I attended!), but they wouldn't release the information as to why or who. The thought that someone could have been hurt while I was safe in bed absolutely terrified me. The result? Watching Glee and snuggling with my kitty kitty until three in the morning.

I woke up, alive, and prayed that no one was harmed. I had never been so grateful to be alive. I'm probably exaggerating to no end with this story, but it definitely had an impact on me. It sort of gave me my faith back.

Today, I did something I have never attempted before. I went hiking with my friend, Jennifer, in this winding trail that leads all over the city. Cliffs, caves, uphill, downhill, mountains, rivers, water falls, the whole ball of wax. It was quite and amazing experience. Let me you one thing, though, boy am I going to be SORE. I remember thinking as we were going up a steep trail "ohmygawdohmygawdohmygawd ima die ima die ima die right here". I'm not exactly the most muscular person in the world. I'm pretty slim and I have a healthy body, but I do lack in the strength department.

4.3 miles and 1.5 hours later, we made a breakthrough to the car and hopped in(she can drive! my senior buddy, whom I love ever so much!!) to Menchies, a frozen yogurt shop. Ahh, never has fro-yo tasted so epicly delectable.

And I don't even get much time to rest, either :P Intense ballet class in an hour, then off to a benefit concert for my friend who just had brain surgery for tumor removal. And then tomorrow? Yoga class with Casey and then more hiking, even though it'll be a heck of a lot easier. But you know, I'll be sore. So what's my overall message to this summer? LET'S GET PUMPED. I'm ready for my Cali girl beach body ;)

P.S. I'll get hiking pictures up when I get the chance. I'm lazy right now.
P.P.S. My mom won the ebay bidding for a new blue palm centro. Woohoo! Hopefully she won't break this one :/
P.P.P.S. My blog page has an awkward shading look to it on the body-why is this!??!

No comments: