My photo
Cheers to karma for making life a little bit more entertaining.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Journey In The Making

I have come to a decision. That decision being that as of this moment, I am determined to read each and every novel ever written by Nicholas Sparks. Classic tales of true love and heartbreak, Dear John and The Last Song have me addicted to his writing. I've read part of The Notebook, but never cover to cover. Same with The Choice and A Walk To Remember.

A few months ago, I watched the movie Dear John with my friends, Casey and Summer. I have to admit, I cried like someone was ripping the life right out of me. I was already a huge fan of Amanda Seyfried, and Channing Tatum sure won me over that day. After finishing the novel just last night(after starting only that morning), I sat curled in bed, clutching the book as if I was afraid it would vanish before me. Each part, chapter, page, word, fit in just right, making a masterpiece that would leave any reader with a heart crying for the lost love of Savannah and John. Throughout the novel, I felt as if I was a witness to their experiences, and the two relationships between John and Savannah and then John and his father weaved together to convey a message difficult to forget.

Love is fragile, and despite what you may believe at first, there is no perfect first love. Heartbreak is inevitable, especially when time seems to be against you. There are people in our lives who have always been there, yet we have ignored their importance, only to realize the mistake after it is too late. "Time is relative".

I could go on forever, but I'll leave you with that.
Until next time.
*official blackberry owner :) :) :)*

No comments: