My photo
Cheers to karma for making life a little bit more entertaining.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy

What is happy?


Definition:

1.
delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing: to be happy to see a person.
2.
characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy: a happy mood; a happy frame of mind.
3.
favored by fortune; fortunate or lucky: a happy, fruitful land.
4.
apt or felicitous, as actions, utterances, or ideas.


Synonyms: joyous, joyful, blithe, cheerful, merry, contented, gay, blissful, satisfied. 3. favorable, propitious; successful, prosperous. See fortunate. 4. appropriate, fitting, opportune, pertinent.


Antonyms:

sad


Image results:



Warnings:
Happiness requires balance. Don't become so caught up in your own happiness that you forget about everyone else's. And don't base your own happiness on making others feel good; people-pleasers are usually very unhappy on the whole.
Even in the most terrible times, do not turn to alcohol, drugs, or anything else that is addictive, abusive to the health of you or others. Bad habits grow like weeds - they are easy to get, but hard to get rid of. Many addictive "solutions" can make your problems much worse.

Special thanks to Dictionary.com, google image search, and wikiHow.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ellie: You are so right about people-pleasers. I tend towards that behavior sometimes. It never makes me happy, even though that is part of the intent. Now when I focus on pleasing God, it's much easier to be happy :)

Anonymous said...

that's so weird! Now I kind of understand a little, I try to please everybody or even strangers, they all say I'm such a happy & fun person to be around, little do they know, I'm dying inside(of course & I can't show it to them) thank you!

Kellan said...

I hope you are happy, Ellie and I hope you have a good weekend. Kellan

Anonymous said...

So, did you write the "Warnings:" part yourself, or did that come from somewhere else? I've heard the "habits grow like weeds" comment before, but what you have posted has quite some merit. But, reading and writing those words is much easier than putting them into practice...I spent some time doing a bit of everything you've wrote there...but now trying to find my way back home.

BTW, nice blog...really like your layout too. I will def be back!

Anonymous said...

So, did you write the "Warnings:" part yourself, or did that come from somewhere else? I've heard the "habits grow like weeds" comment before, but what you have posted has quite some merit. But, reading and writing those words is much easier than putting them into practice...I spent some time doing a bit of everything you've wrote there...but now trying to find my way back home.

BTW, nice blog...really like your layout too. I will def be back!