My photo
Cheers to karma for making life a little bit more entertaining.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fun Facts!

Warning: Some of the following facts might be overall disturbing, useless, are just plain strange!!




-The most dangerous animal in the world is the common housefly. Because of their habits of visiting animal waste, they transmit more diseases than any other animal.


-Human jaw muscles can generate a force of 200 pounds (90.8 kilograms) on the molars.


-Sound travels about 4 times faster in water than in air


-If you stretch a standard Slinky out flat it measures 87 feet long.

-By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.


-Shrimp's hearts are in their heads.


-Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.


-There are more beetles than any other kind of creature in the world


-In your lifetime, you'll shed over 40 pounds of skin.


-Every minute, 30-40,000 dead skin cells fall from your body


-There are more living organisms on the skin of a single human being than there are human beings on the surface of the earth.


-Ants do not sleep.
I hate ants...
There are more facts coming in the future, but for now, I hope that you enjoyed these! Although, some were kind of creepy. I bet it got you attention, though!


4 comments:

87291472-Sharky said...

Hi to you and if I'm correct, it's Hump Day tomorrow.
Happy Hump Day!!!

I LOVE the stamp :)))
I hope you're well and having fun.
Thank you again for looking at my photos. I know they were a bit gruesome. Was just my mood at the time. Gone now :>

Have a great week ahead. meX

Unknown said...

Thanks very much for your comment on my blog Ellie -- I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures!

Anonymous said...

I liked those facts. :D And i totally laughed out loud when you mentioned your dad's...special phrase.

-a friend of yours who is a ROBOT IN DISGUISE!!

Delena said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love new people. And I appreciate the facts you posted..... I guess. I'm kind of disturbed about some of them, too. ;)