My photo
Cheers to karma for making life a little bit more entertaining.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Going To The Doctor

I'm-a-going to the doctor today. Not cool. I have to get a check-up and a . . . shot! I HATE shots. Don't we all? The piercing instrument into our soft, tender flesh? Why?!?! Why does the world send us through all this misery and suffering?

But..

I'm sure I can handle it. I just don't want to handle it. That's it.

I'll tell you more about later, perhaps. After I've gotten the shot, I'll be moping around FOREVER.

But...

I cannot be as bad as my tetanus shot, can it?

Not that was like my arm was dying(with a bit of exaggeration, even though it did really hurt).

3 comments:

87291472-Sharky said...

Hey you :) How's the arm (hopefully it was the arm, right?) Tell you something about innoculations...You should see some of the children begging on the street corners here because their parents didn't trust the medicine (innoculations) that the nurses and doctors at the township clinics (government subsidised) wanted to give their children to counter various child-related diseases. They believe instead in the power of the witch doctor or sangoma as they are known here.Some of the children contracted stuff so severe when they were VERY small, that they became mentally retarded...

87291472-Sharky said...

It makes you cry when you see that Ellie. Even as an adult.

The One Who Can't Escape said...

Didn't you get a shot about three months ago or something? What's with the weird schedule?
Hopefully it doesn't hurt a lot